Saturday, July 2, 2011

The big 3-1

On the 30th of June I had my 31st birthday.
It was great.
Jeff made me a massive deluxe ultimate omelette for my much needed protein-after-morning-run-breakfast. It was delish!

My plan for the rest of the day was to drive around town with the kids acquiring every possible birthday freebie I could find. Joe's Farm Grill, Krispy Kreme, Baskin Robbins, Liberty Market........ okay, now that I'm naming them all, it would have been quite a lot of food. Too much perhaps. (never!)

Instead the day consisted of Harkin's Summer Movie Fun and a quick check-up of my hip 'clicking' at the PT office Jeff works at. Then some much needed alone time wandering Dick's Sporting Goods to spend a certificate I'd been waiting to use. Jeff took me out to a movie and dinner at The Compass (rotating restaurant on top of The Hyatt in downtown Phoenix). Really good food, but not worth the dizziness and headache Jeff got from spinning backwards for an hour. :)

My sister, Katie, who's been featured on this blog as my baking assistant for birthday cakes, wanted to bring "something" by when we got home.
Wanna guess what it was?.........
......A CAKE!!!
My very own FONDANT-ASTICALLY decorated birthday cake!
(That made-up word is MY birthday gift to YOU, dear readers)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED IT!
So much, in fact, that I didn't even cut into it for a few days.
It just sat on my counter allowing me to stare in awe at it's beauty.

After cutting into it, I thought I'd take a few better lighted shots before I let my boys dig in.

Isn't it just amazing?
Thanks Katie! Great job.

2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

Guess I don't know much. Didn't know you could get freebies on the birthday. Do you have to show ID?
Lovely cake Katie.....

becky d said...

You impress me with your camera skills - seriously. I love your pictures! Happy Birthday darling daughter! We all love you tons....