Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dun....da-da....Dah!!!

Well it took 3.5 months, but it finally happened. TREYSON TOOK A PACIFIER !! Woo-hoo! I was sad at first that he wouldn't take one because they're so nice in the car and at church. Then I was okay with it because I figured that helped him sleep more at night -- being able to soothe himself by sucking on his fingers. But we were driving home the other day and he started crying. The kind of cry that was going to continue until we got home. Not quite tired enough to fall asleep. So, I figured I might as well try again with the reserve one I always keep in the diaper bag (just in case). It worked!! I couldn't believe it! I didn't want to celebrate too loud for fear that he would get scared and spit out. I'm not going to force it on him unless I'm absolutely needing to, but, when it's time, I have a feeling it will be easier to cut off the tips of the pacifier rather than the tips of his fingers. Don't you think?

6 comments:

Brittanny said...

I do believe that a pacifier can be an absolute life saver sometimes. Both kids so far were paci-fans and the next one better be to! It is my only way of shuttin them up in church!

Corbin and Amy said...

Hey Carolyn..I found your blog through Mayra. I'm so excited we'll be able to keep in touch through blogs. It's so much easier.

Danielle said...

Pacifiers are priceless. I'm just hoping Charlotte gives hers up as easily as Justin did!

White Family said...

hey gardners...
we are over to the neighbors and somehow they pulled up YOU! and we aer thinking we must be on the wrong side of the tree becuase we could not find any GARDNERS???? are we part of this group???? we were trying to convince our friends that we really were part of your life and family, but there is no evidence!? are we?????
if you need our names, personal info or picturs, we can provide.

The Gardner Gang said...

I'm sorry, but whoever wrote that last comment -- Greg? Please explain. I've been reading fervently with a furrowed brow wondering why Sweet Helen White was upset she wasn't part of our life. Help.

Carolyn

White Family said...

Okay let me explain. Hope and Tom came to our house for Sunday dinner. I was showing Hope my Utah family blog because they had just returned from Europe. ( Hope wanted info on places to visit since they have only 8 days to spend in Europe) While I was blogging I asked if they had seen your site. Hope didnt see any pictures of your husbands side of the family so she made the blog comment. She was laughing about it all and we had a nice visit while peeking into other blog lives.....So its my fault. Helen