Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day One

I'm not really sure what to make of Griffin's first words this morning. I went in to wake him up at 7am. He is usually up by himself around 7:30 or 8am, so this wasn't much earlier.

Me: "Good morning!" (scratch his back, rub his head)
"It's time to get up."
Griffin: "Can I just sleep for two more minutes?"

And so it begins.

Griffin did fine walking all the way to his classroom. I stood by the gate, watching closely, blew him three more kisses and waved before he marched right in. So grown up.

When the time came to pick him up, I thought it was going to be so convinient. We were told to pull up to this certain gate and the teacher would call out the student's name. Little did I know that you have to be there 30 minutes BEFORE school gets out to be in the top twenty cars. Otherwise, you are lined up down the street and around the corner. IT WAS CRAZY! Maybe the line moves fast, but I was anxious to see how his day went. I parked on a side street and just walked up.

Griffin's description was, "It was just a little bit too long." After going from 1.5 hrs, three days a week, to everyday all day, I can understand. He had fun but it's going to take some getting used to.

1 comments:

DeWitts said...

What a cutie!! We miss you. XOXO