Thursday, December 13, 2007

OUR CRYSTAL STALACTITES

While the snow fall here has died down, the white cover remains. It's usually 30 degrees here at the warmest part of day, so there's not much chance of the snow melting completely. However, with the warmth inside the houses and the little bit of sun we get sometimes........ it creates this other beautiful winter gift. I am amazed each time I see them. I think they are gorgeous!



These lovely lickables are hanging right outside our bedroom window. How lucky are we? It's funny.......as a kid I would eat an icicle until my frozen hands couldn't handle it anymore. And only now do I wonder if they're actually the cleanest ice in the world. Does the top snow melt onto the edge of the roof, or is it the lower layer that creates an icicle? During childhood, was I really eating a piece of ice made from melting snow that flowed down the bird-pooped shingles of my house? Hmmmmm......

Well, since you got to see a great view from the front of my house, I'll leave you with a few from my back door. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Jen said...

those are pretty! and nasty to eat! way to be a gross kid! i love the cute little snowman!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

WOW! That's gorgeous!

Danielle said...

I love icicles too! And I never, ever would have thought about the bird poop from the roof. Now I can never eat them again. Thanks!

;)