Tuesday, May 13, 2008

INTRODUCING........

TREYSON DOUGLAS GARDNER
May 9, 2008
8 lbs. 1 oz --- 20 in. long


He's here!!! And I'm glad we made him come when we did. Who knows how much bigger he would have been. For those of you with bigger babies, sorry, but this one was my biggest and I like the small ones better.

For those of you who DO NOT want to know the labor details...... skip this paragraph. Like I told you before, we went to the hospital at 3:30 pm. I made sure that our amazing nurse, Bethaina, knew my wishes. I told her that I would try for a bit without an epidural and let her know if things got too bad. If I wasn't going to progress very fast, she knew that I wasn't opposed to help. The doctor broke my water at 4:22 pm. The first little while, I wasn't feeling much. A semi-strong contraction came around 4:45 pm -- it was tolerable. I just kept walking around in the room. Jeff was getting bored. He was used to the fast paced previous labors and didn't really know what to do. His prediction was that this labor wasn't going to go quite as quick and we were going to be there for a while. My sisters, Jill, Shannon, and Celynda made it up there around 5 pm. Shannon and Celynda left to pick up Griffin and Kai. Jill stayed. She's wanted to be there for my other births, but never got the chance. The contractions started getting stronger. Jill started timing them for me around 5:15 -- they were 2 minutes apart. Jeff came back in the room just in time to suggest calling the nurse to check my progress. The moment she came in, I was ready to push. The pain was crazy. She checked and, indeed, I was fully dialated. From that second, until the baby was born, I'm not sure I opened my eyes at all. The pain came so fast and so intense and it seemed like one contraction just rolled into the next with no breaks. Treyson was born at 5:41 pm -- 1 hr. and 19 min. after they broke my water.

Note to self -- get the epidural next time.

Anyway -- we got home the next night and everything has been going well. Griffin LOVES Treyson to death and wants to hold him all the time. He has put Trey to sleep twice for me now. Kai -- not so much. He'll look at him every once in a while, but he's content just being crazy as always. Pretty soon, they'll all gang up on me, but for now......... I'll take advantage of how cute they are.

19 comments:

*Amy * said...

Hey Carolyn, this is Amy- your cousin Chris' wife. I saw your blog awhile back and thought I would check back to see if you had had your baby. We wanted to congratulate you! Isn't Bethaina a wonderful nurse? We had her a couple times during our MONTH long stay there. She is awesome. Glad your little cutie doing well. Hope you are too.
Chris and Amy

*Amy * said...

If you would like to see our blog I will send you an invite. My email is qtmystique@yahoo.com. I am pretty much done with ortho so I haven't seen you in awhile!:)

Jennifer said...

Yaaaaaaay! Congratulations! I can't believe how fast he came, seriously. And he sure is cute. :)

Did you know that Lynndsey and Marshall had their baby this morning? Your boys are only 4 days apart!

Stinkin Cute Kits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

He is a cutie! I love the picture w/ all the boys!! Hope you can get some sleep!

Danielle said...

Congrats! He's beautiful! And I'm seriously impressed with how fast he came. And I thought my babies came fast. Holy cow!

Keri said...

He is adorble, as are your other boys, of course. Let me just say you are one crazy chica! I didn't feel a thing with Savannah, they broke my water at 10:30am and told me that the anesthesiolagist(?) would be in a surgery most of the day, so at 11:00am I told my nurse I would go ahead and take my epidural before he became unavailable. It was a very relaxing day.

Emilie said...

What a handsome set of boys. Way to go Caroline!! I don't know if I am that brave. And I don't know if I want to find out. Congrats you guys!

Nichole said...

You do have some wicked fast labors, lady! Holy cow!

CONGRATULATIONS on the new addition!

Allison said...

congrats on the new addition to the gardner gang!

Allison said...

congrats on the new addition to the gardner gang!

Rob said...

congrats Carolyn! You've got 3 cute guys there. Sorry Jeff, I choose not to weigh in on your cuteness.

Jasmyn said...

Carolyn, he is gorgeous and you ROCK! I don't know how you do it. But then again, you have to be pretty tough to survive a household of males!
I am looking forward to you moving back to the valley. When will that be? And you know about the reunion, right? I hope you and Jeff are planning on attending!!!!!
Love ya :)

Jenny at LGN said...

HOORAY! He's adorable! And great choice on the name - I love it. Do you think you'll call him Trey for short?
Carolyn, seriously. You could totally make it on the plains. You are so hard core. I totally admire trying without the epidural. Way to go!
Can't wait to hear how it is with three! If anyone can do it, you can!
Love,
Jen

)en said...

Congratz (<-- a 'z' to mix it up a bit) Carolyn! You seem like such a cool mom. Way to be tough as nails w/out the drugs. But also to admit that you are getting them next time. :)

-jenmo

Geevz said...

Congrats! I didn't know you blogged! I found you on Lindsay Sherman's list. How do you know her?

Alisa Larson said...

Congrats!! Man you are so brave! When I tried to have Annalise naturally (eventually she ended up c-sec) I only had two hard contractions and demanded the epidural right then! What an accomplish and he's so cute!

The Scotts said...

Congrats!! What cute boys you have. Hope you are enjoying your family of 5! Doesn't that just sound big!?!?!

Russ and Debbie said...

He looks so sweet. I am glad Griffin loves him, that is fun to watch.