Friday, May 9, 2008

To be....or not to be (in pain). That is the question.

Okay -- so the day has come. I saw my doctor this morning and he thinks it's best if we induce my labor this time. Both he and I are worried about the possibility of the labor going so fast that the speeding tickets on the way to the hospital might not be worth it.

IT WILL BE TODAY!!! I go in at 3:30 pm and he'll come break my water probably around 4 pm. The title of my post is because the doctor said that I can have an epidural before he even breaks my water! I've never been able to experience labor pain free before, so I'm tempted. On the other hand, I've done it before, I should be able to do it again. Especially if it goes as fast, or quicker. My plan, as of right now is to NOT get an epidural and see how speedy I progress.

I've wanted this baby to come for a while now, as a lot of you know, so I'm glad I know the WHEN part. But I am filled with so much nervousness, excitement and anticipation...... I don't know what to do with myself. CARSEAT -- installed, BASSINET -- set up, HOUSE -- semi-clean. Holy cow, am I seriously ready to bring another baby home!?

WISH ME LUCK!!!! I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can.


the MomBabe said...

woot-woot! Congratulations! Hope everything goes well!

kemptons said...

I can't wait to see the little guy. This is so exciting. Hope all goes well you crazy girl who opts not for an epidural!!!

AZ Karen said...

oooh, fun! I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I can't wait to see pictures.

Jen said...

how fun!! i am so excited for you! don't forget to tell us which way you went when you post pictures!!