Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"HOLY EMBARRASSMENT BATMAN!"

Okay, so everone has seen "My Best Friends Wedding", right?
WRONG.

The pest control lady who came today, has NOT seen the movie. "So what?", you ask.
Well, it just so happens that my brother-in-law, Mark, is getting married tomorrow night. My sisters-in-law and I have been asked/assigned to perform the song at the very beginning of the film.
(Watch it here. )

Somehow I always end up getting the main part because they know I have no shame. If you've remembered or watched the song by now, you'd know that the main part in this little diddy is wearing a wedding dress. Yeah. So what does that mean? Well, it means Mark's fiance' won't be the only one dressed in white.
(Will this upset the bride? I guess we'll see.)
I wanted to make sure my dress still fit and had just finished zipping up the back when the doorbell rang.

(Ding-dong) "PEST CONTROL!"

8 comments:

Jen said...

that is funny!! you will post a video of you singing this right?!! cuz you know we would all LOVE to see it!!

Danielle said...

So did you open the door wearing your wedding dress? Or did you throw it off and open the door nekkid?

debsfreckles said...

I kinda want to punch you because you can zip your wedding dress up. Just kidding, good for you.

azHarline said...

I must say that you guys did such a good job. I loved it. Looking back-I wish I would have recorded it. Oh well, maybe next time.

Corbin and Amy said...

Wait a minute....Mark got married????????? Wow..that's great!! I guess that shows how out of the loop me and Corbin are. That is a pretty funny story. I thought everyone had seen that movie a couple times:)

Momma Dianna said...

Well...hello long lost cousin! How the heck are you? It's been years! I found you on Crystal Brenay's link list. You have the cutest kids and it looks like you are doing absolutely great! So fun that you married Jeff Gardner from way back when! I always thought you two were so cute together. I am still in touch with Becky Hoffmann believe it or not! Drop me a note one of these days, I'd love to catch up! Thank goodness for blogs.

-Dianna (Harris) Henderson

Jen B said...

C- I've been laughing about your post for a few days now! Even went to Walmart to look for the movie - cuz after the babies came - I have very little movie brain cells left! And I just had to refresh what little memory I do have! - So now my 2 daughters and their 3 cuzins have the assignment to perfect a performance for Uncle Mikes wedding! Sorry for stealing the idea! But When it makes you laugh this much - it's worth repeating!

Alisa Larson said...

Oh my gosh, I'd have been mortified! That is hilarious! I'm so glad you told us all! :-)