Monday, July 6, 2009

Crafty Crafts

I don't think I can begin to tell you all how much I love the Family Fun magazine.
It is my FAVORITE!!!

Months after months went by with wasted editions. Griffin and Kai had still been too little to appreciate the crafts and ideas given -- so the semi-monthly issues were put aside and lost in the move. The boys are getting older, but still too young for some things. So, now I have a fabulous plan to go through and tear out the pages I'd like to try someday and put them in a binder. Genious!! That way all the advertisements and unneeded bulk can be thrown away....... or made into one of THESE:


My new Summer issue came today and here is the craft we tried:

It was awesome!! And totally worked just like the picture showed, which doesn't always happen.


Treyson wanted to get in on the action too, but was done as soon as he tried eating some of the foam snakes. Good times. I think if I had cut the water bottles shorter, Griffin and Kai wouldn't have had to blow so hard. Next time. Something else I'll remember for next time....... suggest that Jeff remove his ankle socks before putting on his flip flops. I'm not a big fan of the "ninja style". Love you hon!!

3 comments:

Wilson Family said...

okay! do tell! Jaxon would love that. Please tell me how to create such a fun thing! You can email me at shanawilson6@msn.com or just add it to your blog. I'm sure others will want to know too!

The Gardner Gang said...

Shana -- I will email you as well, but you can just click on my link "The Foamerator" and it SHOULD take you to the site.

Carolyn

polka dotted lady said...

Oh my gosh, I love it. I think next time you'll have to call Shannon and Allan over, because you know I'm such an old fuddy-duddy now. They need a young mom-thing once in a while. Oh, and Jeff, by the way, I AM a fan of the Ninja look: or is the the old man living in Arizona look? I'm confused because dad does it once in a while with his strappy sandals while we're on vacation. hehe At least your legs still look great - no calloused (sp?) knees and spotted shins.