Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ragnar Del Sol 2012

Introducing my 2012 Ragnar Relay team:


Sorry.  Yes, this post is about my running....AGAIN.  I wouldn't blame you for leaving now.

For those of you who don't know, Ragnar is a 200 mile relay ran by teams of 12 members.
On occasion, crazy people sign up under the "Ultra" category.
This means you run the full 200 miles with only 6 members.
Like I said, crazy.

With help from Jeff, the name "Sparktacular Six" was born.
We wore sparkle skirts the whole time and "bling-ed" out the van with shimmering stickers.


If my mom wasn't the amazing seamstress she is, the Mesa High School play wouldn't have stolen her away from being our driver for a day and a half.
But circumstances being what they were, this is what my team had to deal with:
We all took turns driving throughout the day AND night.
I only remember bits and pieces of that night.
It's a big blur.

We started off in Wickenburg and finished in Tempe.
My total mileage came to 37.1.
In 24 hours.
I'll say it again... crazy.

I had a blast being with all my friends though.  Can't beat a weekend of laughing, dancing, cheering each other on, and pushing your body's limits to new extremes.
Thanks ladies for the fun!!!
(Me, Kristin, Marie, Breezy, Erin, Jasmyn)

Consider yourself lucky I didn't post the entire 300+ photos that were taken!
Girls and their cameras.
Yikes.

2 comments:

becky d said...

Oh....I totally missed out on the fun. You girls look sparkmazing, resparkable,sparkific, mirsparkaculous, sparkwhelming, asparkment....ok, enough?

DeWitts said...

I never cease to be amazed at your running accomplishments. Awesome!!