Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh yeah....that's what my name is.

I'm sure this has happened to some of you other moms out there, but it's still funny.

I was sitting next to the tub the other night waiting for my boys to get done with their bath. Acutally, if I left it up to them, they'd be in there all night. What I was really waiting for was them to get enough play time in before I washed them and made them complain about getting out. So my mind was not on full attention mode. As much as I LOVE that they'll play Spiderman and Turtles all day long....... I don't really care to know the details EVERY TIME. Like: "MOM -- Raphael can't get Spiderman 'cause he gots bubbles all over him." -- or -- "MOM -- Ninja Turles has to swim fast in the water before Shredder gets their pizza." When Griffin narrates for me, I kind of just nod my head most of the time. But this particular night, that wasn't good enough. As I was staring off into space, my response to him saying, "Carolyn" was immediate. I looked over but don't recall what he said to me after that because I was in shock. Not that he knew my name.... but at how happy I was to have my identity back...... if only for a moment.

5 comments:

Jenny at LGN said...

That's hilarious. It's funny that he knows your name is Carolyn but still chooses to call you 'Mom' until he needs to pull out the big guns. He's a smart little dude!

Miss you guys!

Jen said...

I can totally understand that! I was laying on the bed yesterday looking at pictures and 2 of the girls climbed up and were climbing all over me. I stood up and said that I needed to be just mommy for a minute then stopped and said no I need to be jen for a minute. Eliott thought that was so sad. But come on we are "mom" all day long every day. So I totally know how that goes!!

Danielle said...

That's too cute. The other day Justin was calling out, "Daddy? Daddy?" When he got no response it took it a step further. "Caleb? Caleb?" Silly kids.

Patterson Family said...

Hi! It's Carli from Windsor ward. You have 3 amazingly cute boys! I love their names, so cute and creative. I have three kids as well and they call me Carli all the time cause they hear Daddy call me that. As for the staring off into space I do that to. Sometimes it's nice to let your mind catch up. I feel like I am running around all day after my kids and going a little mental at the same time. So staring at the wall for 5 min sometimes helps :) Great to see you- you guys are such a cute family...well done!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carli!!! Your family is adorable. I'm glad I got to see your blog when I did. Your brothers' shorts are RIDICULOUSLY FUNNY. I'm glad Brandon won. Benson would have never let him live that one down.