Last year I saw this post about how to make a felt dahlia and I've been waiting for the perfect time to create my own blossom.
The Gardner ladies got together while the fellas viewed the Priesthood session of Conference.
Some chose to make easter egg wreaths but I wanted to make something that was going to last longer than just this month.
So I did some searches and bought some felt:
There are so many colors for such a cheap price... I love it! That way I don't feel bad if a project doesn't turn out quite like my dreams and I have to throw it away.
But that never happens, right?
So then I got started on my beloved dahlia.
It was slightly timely for me because I didn't have a rotary cutter or board, so I had to hand measure and cut everything.
Oh well. It turned out to be the perfect Conference watching craft.
My finished flower with the perfect spring fabric I found:
I wish I'd taken more "in the process" photos but basically, I cut 3x9 inch strips of fabric and hot glued them around the wreath form. HOWEVER, if I were to do it again, I would've made the strips wider and folded the edges under to save myself from some polishing (hiding) steps. I placed the ribbon and felt strips along all the raw edges of fabric that made it look a little too organic.
And here she is: