Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Red Rock Country




For our anniversary weekend, our family helped out with the kids and Jeff and I were able to go to Sedona. My parents had Treyson -- Jeff's sister, Amy, took Griffin -- and my brother, Brian, was able to watch Kai for us. THANK YOU TO ALL!!!!

It really is reviving (?) to be away from the kids. If even for a day and a half.

The place we stayed at was through my parents' time share, called Sedona Pines. The resort was lined with these mini-pod-like cabins. It also had an 18 hole miniature golf course. Fun! Fun!

I have learned, over the years, that whenever Jeff says, "What are we playing for?" -- it usually means he's pretty confident on winning. I wish I could say I wasted him, but we tied.

After sleeping in the next morning (aahhh) -- we drove to Bell Rock for some hiking. This specific mountain was said to be part of the many vortexes they have in Sedona. We didn't know what to look for, therefore, we didn't find anything or FEEL anything. Bummer.


(Jeff is pointing out the peak we hiked to.)

For lunch, we bought stuff for a picnic and went to Slide Rock. I knew we wouldn't get in the water because it would be ridiculously cold. However, there were two guys that must have been dared to jump in and it was the funniest thing. They jumped in one at a time but it was the exact same reaction as soon as they surfaced. Complete shock. Terrified that their bodies would never be warm again. Intense struggle to get out of there. The second guy had a hard time climbing up the smooth rock ("Slide" Rock) and his face showed a fear I never want to feel. I couldn't believe that his friends just stood there and watched him in pain for so long. Finally the first guy who jumped in went over to help him out. It was crazy.








The getaway was much needed and so fun. I loved being alone without the kids, only thinking about each other. Thanks again, hon, for a great trip.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

Getaways without the kids are the greatest! Thank goodness for family to watch the little ones!